Friday, October 19, 2018   Login
You are here: Forums » Forums  
How did God speak to you through Pastor Josh Lichter's 1/13/2013 message, "I Will Fix You"?
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
Author Messages
CCC Consistory
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
1/13/2013 02:25 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply

Sermon Title: "I Will Fix You"

Scripture: John 1:43-51 

Jesus Calls Philip and Nathanael

43 The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, “Follow me.”

44 Philip, like Andrew and Peter, was from the town of Bethsaida. 45 Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”

46 “Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” Nathanael asked.

“Come and see,” said Philip.

47 When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, “Here is a true Israelite, in whom there is nothing false.”

48 “How do you know me?” Nathanael asked.

Jesus answered, “I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.”

49 Then Nathanael declared, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel.”

50 Jesus said, “You believe because I told you I saw you under the fig tree. You shall see greater things than that.” 51 He then added, “I tell you the truth, you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.”

Song Lyrics for reflection:
"Fix You"
-Coldplay
From their 2005 CD X&Y

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

And ignite your bones

Tears stream down on your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
And I...

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
And I...

And ignite your bones
CCC Consistory
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
1/13/2013 02:27 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply

Fix You

by Cold Play

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

And ignite your bones

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

And ignite your bones

When you lose something you cannot replace
And I...

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

And I...

And ignite your bones

Quick Reply
toggle
  Username:
Subject:
Body:
Security Code:
Enter the code shown above:

Submit
Active Forums 4.1
Recent Forum Postings
How did God speak to you through Ed Law October 21 sermon entitled, The Savior of the World, 14.00 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ... Posted by Admin, 10/18/2018 03:51 PM

RE: How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis October 14 sermon entitled, The Lord Is My Shepherd: Part 3, The Lord Is My Shepherd: Part 3 (10/14/18)   "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. (2) ... Posted by Admin, 10/18/2018 02:04 PM

Worship Set for October 14, 2018, Psalm 19; Bind Us Together; Unashamed; You Are My King; Here I Am Lord; Doxology; All Creation Worsh... Posted by Admin, 10/16/2018 05:27 PM

Worship Set for October 07, 2018, Who You Say I Am; Hosanna (Praise Is Rising); What a Beautiful Name; Lord I Need You; Come... Posted by Admin, 10/08/2018 04:49 PM

How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis October 07 sermon entitled, The Lord Is My Shepherd: Part 2, 14.00 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ... Posted by Admin, 10/04/2018 05:51 PM

Worship Set for September 30, 2018, Lifesong; Good Good Father; God You Reign; How Great Is Our God; Holy Holy Holy; Doxology; Pass It O... Posted by Admin, 10/01/2018 04:57 PM

How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis September 30 sermon entitled, The Lord Is My Shepherd: Part 1, 14.00 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ... Posted by Admin, 9/27/2018 06:31 PM

Worship Set for September 23, 2018, Who You Say I Am; The Wonderful Cross; Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone); Great Are You L... Posted by Admin, 9/25/2018 03:00 PM

How did God speak to you through Ed Law September 23 sermon entitled, The Power of Embracing Jesus' Words, 14.00 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ... Posted by Admin, 9/20/2018 04:11 PM

Worship Set for September 16, 2018, Prepare Ye The Way, What a Friend We Have in Jesus; Thank You Lord; Come Just As You Are; Shout to t... Posted by Admin, 9/18/2018 03:33 PM

RE: How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis September 16 sermon entitled, Past, Present, Future: Part 3, 14.00 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ... Posted by Admin, 9/18/2018 03:13 PM

Worship Set for September 09, 2018, Great is the Lord; Everlasting God; Mighty To Save; Who You Say I Am; Breathe; Doxology; He Is Exalt... Posted by Admin, 9/10/2018 04:19 PM

Worship Set for September 2, 2018, Great Is Our Lord; Cornerstone; The Power Of Your Love; Because Of Your Love; Above All; Doxology; G... Posted by Admin, 9/04/2018 04:21 PM

RE: How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis September 02 sermon entitled, Past, Present, and Future: Part 2, Past, Present, And Future: Part 2 (9/2/18)   All three aspects of time are essential to livi... Posted by Admin, 9/04/2018 04:17 PM

How did God speak to you through Pastor Ed August 26 sermon entitled, Characteristics of Spiritually Responsive People, 14.00 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ... Posted by Admin, 8/27/2018 03:37 PM

Worship Set for August 26, 2018, Come Let Us Worship and Bow Down; Oh Worship the King; There is None Like You; You Are Holy; You Are... Posted by Admin, 8/27/2018 03:35 PM

Worship Set for August 19, 2018, 10,000 Reasons (Blessed The Lord); Forever; Above All; Who Am I; In His Time; Here I Am To Worship; ... Posted by Admin, 8/20/2018 02:54 PM

RE: How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis August 19 sermon entitled, Past, Present, and Future, Past, Present, And Future (8/19/18)   All three aspects of time are essential to living a ba... Posted by Admin, 8/20/2018 02:49 PM

Worship Set forAugust 12, 2018, Let Every Song; Holy Holy Holy; Rock Of Ages; Come Let Us Worship And Bow Down; Meet Us Here; Psalm ... Posted by Admin, 8/13/2018 02:59 PM

RE: How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis August 05 sermon entitled, Gods Heart For Children: Part 3, God's Heart For Children: Part 3 (8/5/18)   "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure a... Posted by Admin, 8/07/2018 01:23 PM

Home  |  Programs  |  Forums  |  About Us
Copyright 2012 by Chinese Community Church   |  Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use