Friday, February 28, 2020   Login
You are here: Forums » Forums  
How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis August 18, 2013 message entitled, The Parables of Jesus--Part 1: "Two Foundations"
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
Author Messages
CCC Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
8/19/2013 09:15 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply

The Parables of Jesus

Part 1:  “Two Foundations”

(8/18/13)

I.      Background

A.     What is a parable?  It’s a literary device used to convey a truth from an unknown realm using an example or parallel from the known realm (metaphor, simile, story, etc).

B.     Why did Jesus use so many parables?  Listeners included both believers and unbelievers, those ready and willing to accept Him as Savior and Lord, and those who were not.

C.     The “Sermon On The Mount” in Matthew 5-7 is like Jesus’ inaugural address, what He expects of the members of His Kingdom.

II.     Two different _________________ by two different builders (Matthew 7:24, 26).

III.    Both builders experience ________________ trials and tribulations (7:25a, 27a).

IV.    The results are vastly ______________ for each builder (7:25b, 27b).

Which foundation am I building my life upon?

CCC Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
8/19/2013 09:17 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply

The Parables of Jesus

Part 1:  “Two Foundations”

(8/18/13)

I.      Background

A.     What is a parable?  It’s a literary device used to convey a truth from an unknown realm using an example or parallel from the known realm (metaphor, simile, story, etc).

B.     Why did Jesus use so many parables?  Listeners included both believers and unbelievers, those ready and willing to accept Him as Savior and Lord, and those who were not.

C.     The “Sermon On The Mount” in Matthew 5-7 is like Jesus’ inaugural address, what He expects of the members of His Kingdom.

II.     Two different  foundations  by two different builders (Matthew 7:24, 26).

III.    Both builders experience  similar  trials and tribulations (7:25a, 27a).

IV.    The results are vastly  different  for each builder (7:25b, 27b).

Which foundation am I building my life upon?

Quick Reply
toggle
  Username:
Subject:
Body:
Security Code:
Enter the code shown above:

Submit
Active Forums 4.1
NOT LICENSED FOR PRODUCTION USE
www.activemodules.com
Home  |  Programs  |  Forums  |  About Us
Copyright 2019 by Chinese Community Church   |  Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use