Friday, October 19, 2018   Login
You are here: Forums » Forums  
How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis October 26 message entitled, How To Be A Good Sport! ("The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly!")
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
Author Messages
CCC Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
10/22/2014 10:26 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply

How To Be A Good Sport!

(“The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly!”)

(10/26/14)

I.        The “Good” of sports.

A.      Sports can be an effective tool for ____________. 

“I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.”                 (1 Corinthians 9:22b)

B.      Sports can be a helpful means of spending time with others.

C.      Sports can help develop Christlike ____________  (Rom. 8:29).

-        how we handle defeat?   Victory? (“Fab-Five at Univ of Mich)

-        team sports vs individual sports

-                     patience, self-control, discipline, etc

-                     compassion, sensitivity to others?  Win by losing?

II.       The “Bad” of sports.  

A.      “Winning isn’t everything . . . It’s the only thing!”

B.      Sports can ____________ us from more important things.

-                     Our relationship with God?

-                     Our relationship with others?

-                     Our responsibilities of school, work, ministry? 

C.          How can we ____________ if sports are becoming too important to us?

-                     bad mood if our team loses.

-        overall investment of our time, treasures, talents (Matt. 6:33).

(is it always wrong to miss church for sports??  Yes and no!) 

III.      The “Ugly” of sports.

A.          Self-righteous subtle glorification of ____________ as idol.

(“winning glorifies God more than losing?”  No!)

B.      Self-righteous ____________ from non-sports people.

“13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother’s way.”                                               (Romans 14:13)

CCC Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
10/27/2014 09:05 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply

How To Be A Good Sport!

(“The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly!”)

(10/26/14)

I.        The “Good” of sports.

A.      Sports can be an effective tool for  outreach . 

“I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.”                 (1 Corinthians 9:22b)

B.      Sports can be a helpful means of spending time with others.

C.      Sports can help develop Christlike  character  (Rom. 8:29).

-        how we handle defeat?   Victory? (“Fab-Five at Univ of Mich)

-        team sports vs individual sports

-                     patience, self-control, discipline, etc

-                     compassion, sensitivity to others?  Win by losing?

II.       The “Bad” of sports.  

A.      “Winning isn’t everything . . . It’s the only thing!”

B.      Sports can ____________ us from more important things.

-                     Our relationship with God?

-                     Our relationship with others?

-                     Our responsibilities of school, work, ministry? 

C.          How can we ____________ if sports are becoming too important to us?

-        bad mood if our team loses.

-        overall investment of our time, treasures, talents (Matt. 6:33).

(is it always wrong to miss church for sports??  Yes and no!) 

III.      The “Ugly” of sports.

A.          Self-righteous subtle glorification of ____________ as idol.

(“winning glorifies God more than losing?”  No!)

B.      Self-righteous ____________ from non-sports people.

“13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother’s way.”                                               (Romans 14:13)

Quick Reply
toggle
  Username:
Subject:
Body:
Security Code:
Enter the code shown above:

Submit
Active Forums 4.1
Recent Forum Postings
How did God speak to you through Ed Law October 21 sermon entitled, The Savior of the World, 14.00 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ... Posted by Admin, 10/18/2018 03:51 PM

RE: How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis October 14 sermon entitled, The Lord Is My Shepherd: Part 3, The Lord Is My Shepherd: Part 3 (10/14/18)   "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. (2) ... Posted by Admin, 10/18/2018 02:04 PM

Worship Set for October 14, 2018, Psalm 19; Bind Us Together; Unashamed; You Are My King; Here I Am Lord; Doxology; All Creation Worsh... Posted by Admin, 10/16/2018 05:27 PM

Worship Set for October 07, 2018, Who You Say I Am; Hosanna (Praise Is Rising); What a Beautiful Name; Lord I Need You; Come... Posted by Admin, 10/08/2018 04:49 PM

How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis October 07 sermon entitled, The Lord Is My Shepherd: Part 2, 14.00 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ... Posted by Admin, 10/04/2018 05:51 PM

Worship Set for September 30, 2018, Lifesong; Good Good Father; God You Reign; How Great Is Our God; Holy Holy Holy; Doxology; Pass It O... Posted by Admin, 10/01/2018 04:57 PM

How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis September 30 sermon entitled, The Lord Is My Shepherd: Part 1, 14.00 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ... Posted by Admin, 9/27/2018 06:31 PM

Worship Set for September 23, 2018, Who You Say I Am; The Wonderful Cross; Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone); Great Are You L... Posted by Admin, 9/25/2018 03:00 PM

How did God speak to you through Ed Law September 23 sermon entitled, The Power of Embracing Jesus' Words, 14.00 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ... Posted by Admin, 9/20/2018 04:11 PM

Worship Set for September 16, 2018, Prepare Ye The Way, What a Friend We Have in Jesus; Thank You Lord; Come Just As You Are; Shout to t... Posted by Admin, 9/18/2018 03:33 PM

RE: How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis September 16 sermon entitled, Past, Present, Future: Part 3, 14.00 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ... Posted by Admin, 9/18/2018 03:13 PM

Worship Set for September 09, 2018, Great is the Lord; Everlasting God; Mighty To Save; Who You Say I Am; Breathe; Doxology; He Is Exalt... Posted by Admin, 9/10/2018 04:19 PM

Worship Set for September 2, 2018, Great Is Our Lord; Cornerstone; The Power Of Your Love; Because Of Your Love; Above All; Doxology; G... Posted by Admin, 9/04/2018 04:21 PM

RE: How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis September 02 sermon entitled, Past, Present, and Future: Part 2, Past, Present, And Future: Part 2 (9/2/18)   All three aspects of time are essential to livi... Posted by Admin, 9/04/2018 04:17 PM

How did God speak to you through Pastor Ed August 26 sermon entitled, Characteristics of Spiritually Responsive People, 14.00 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ... Posted by Admin, 8/27/2018 03:37 PM

Worship Set for August 26, 2018, Come Let Us Worship and Bow Down; Oh Worship the King; There is None Like You; You Are Holy; You Are... Posted by Admin, 8/27/2018 03:35 PM

Worship Set for August 19, 2018, 10,000 Reasons (Blessed The Lord); Forever; Above All; Who Am I; In His Time; Here I Am To Worship; ... Posted by Admin, 8/20/2018 02:54 PM

RE: How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis August 19 sermon entitled, Past, Present, and Future, Past, Present, And Future (8/19/18)   All three aspects of time are essential to living a ba... Posted by Admin, 8/20/2018 02:49 PM

Worship Set forAugust 12, 2018, Let Every Song; Holy Holy Holy; Rock Of Ages; Come Let Us Worship And Bow Down; Meet Us Here; Psalm ... Posted by Admin, 8/13/2018 02:59 PM

RE: How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis August 05 sermon entitled, Gods Heart For Children: Part 3, God's Heart For Children: Part 3 (8/5/18)   "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure a... Posted by Admin, 8/07/2018 01:23 PM

Home  |  Programs  |  Forums  |  About Us
Copyright 2012 by Chinese Community Church   |  Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use